Saturday, August 25, 2012

Letter of Intent Model


Sample Letter

600 S. McCadden Pl.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
August 27, 2012

Hollywood High School
1521 North Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Dear Senior Project Committee Member:

My dream is to go to New York and study journalism, and one-day work for a prestigious magazine. My passion is writing and expressing my opinion and personality in my writing. I am an effective communicator and I am able to socialize with different kinds of people. I want to major in journalism, and have a bachelor’s degree in public relations. I am currently the Editor-in-Chief of The Crimson Chronicle, our high school newspaper, and already I have made positive and practical changes that will add to the credibility and efficiency of the newspaper. I am a natural leader, and I will always strive for what I want to accomplish in my life.

My Junior Project topic is a chance for me to put together my talent in creativity, journalism, and effective marketing. Every time I buy a magazine, I notice that every model is skinny and that some of the merchandise (clothes, jewelry, make-up, etc.) is expensive, and things most girls are not able to afford. My community service project was working with anorexic teens.  Therefore my physical project will be to put together a magazine that appeals to all teenage girls, regardless of their physical appearance, personal type, or social status. I want to know what these girls want to see in a magazine, so I plan to conduct statistically valid surveys in different areas, and ask girls what their ideal magazine would contain, and the things they do not like about the magazines that are currently in circulation. I plan to do all the photography myself; I will include models that are thick, thin, tall, short, etc. A magazine should be able to elevate a girl’s self esteem regardless of her body, and communicate with them at personal level. I am well aware that my project will take time and hard work, but I am willing to do it all because not only will I enjoy it, but also I will make a difference by communicating with teenagers who live in the same world as I do, and have the same questions and fears I have.

My research paper will focus on the influence magazines have over today’s youth, and the unhealthy and superficial image that these magazine categorize as normal. Simply flipping through some of the most popular magazines can automatically make a girl feel insecure and depressed. The reality of my generation is that we are materialistic, and magazines only enforce this idea. I guarantee that I will not plagiarize, and that all the work I will present will be original, and will be a result of my own ideas and beliefs.

Sincerely,

Anastasia Gulaff

No comments:

Post a Comment